TAC III Shield
- Made for expected firearm threats
- Can be used as an impact weapon
- Complements the ballistic vest with head and neck protection
All prices are without accessories or customizations.
TAC III SHIELD
Made for anticipated threats
Unlike the I.R. Shield, the TAC Shield was created for anticipated threats where immediate response is not a critical factor.
The TAC Shield is a great tool for:
- in-progress calls
- suspicious persons
- suspicious vehicles
- felony stops
- building searches
- active shooter
- or any potential dangerous situation
The TAC III Shield is the largest and heaviest shield that we make; not including special orders. It was created for larger LEOs and anticipated dangers, such as responding to an active shooter. This offers the most all around protection.
The TAC III 1000 and 1250 versions can be mounted to the headrest pegs but we suggest using the seatback Mounting Systems because of the weight factor. Some headrest pegs will not be able to hold the weight of the Shield. The large viewing area makes it superior to the typical SWAT type Shield with the small viewing area. When in a surgical shooting environment, this is an important factor.
This Shield is being used by First Responders, SROs, Warrants Teams, TNT (Tactical Narcotics Teams, Gang Units, Security Check Points (Courts, Airports, etc.), SWAT (for attic Shields, linear tactics, etc.) and Marine Patrol.
- Dimensions: 11.5″ wide by 24″ long
- Weight: 13 lbs to 14.9 lbs (depending on thickness and accessories)
- Threat Level: NIJ II and NIJ III-A
In in-house testing, the 1 inch NIJ II Panel stopped a .44 Magnum 240 Grain SJSP which is a classified as a III-A Round.
- All stainless steel material
- 1 3/4 inch heavy duty nylon forearm strap fro greater support and control
- Front contact light assembly
- Side handle search light assembly
- Seatback carrier mount
- Break-A-Way sling
- Standard or special department logo