Clear Ballistic Shield Information
In the following sections we will list some important Clear Ballistic Shield Information.
Usually one of the first questions asked about my Shields is, “can they stop rifle fire?” No! Neither can any Shield with a III-A rating. Level III Shields and higher are the only rifle rated Shields that will stop the 7.62 x 39mm and the 5.56 mm or .223 cal. rounds which are the most common ones. Level III Shields are usually very heavy and very expensive. However, even though our Shields are not rifle rated, we believe they have a better survival rate than any larger SWAT type III-A Shield. The hardness of our Shields has a tendency to redirect a rifle round……TO There is no other tool; there is no other reasonable way! Let’s face it, if you have the misfortune of encountering an unexpected gun assault, you will have a bad day; with or without our Shield. Mett-t wants to make sure that it is not your last!
Ted Bradley CEO
Clear Ballistic Shield NIJ Ratings
All of our Shields have been tested by H. P. White and conform to the Police NIJ rating standard.
All of our Shields are offered in both, NIJ II (1 in. panel) and NIJ III-A (1.25 in. panel) level of protection.
In in-house testing, our NIJ II panel stopped a .44 magnum 240 grain SJSP, a III-A round.
Clear Ballistic Shield Warranty
The following warranty is in effect upon the purchase of our Shields:
- Limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty on light systems (excluding batteries)
- Lifetime warranty on all stainless steel parts (handle, brackets, etc.)
- 5 year discoloration and separation
- 5 years on plastic insert for the (handle) search light system
- 1 year on the forearm strap
The following is not covered by our warranty:
- Damage caused through use, abuse, or misuse.
- Any testing or actual use beyond the scope of the Shield is not warranted and is not covered.
Clear Ballistic Shield Cleaning
Our clear ballistic shields can be cleaned in the folowing way:
- Simply clean the shield with a mild soap and water only.
- Do not use ammonia, bleaches, solvents, oils and any other compounds that react with plastic.
This will damage your Shield and void your warranty.